A friend said the other day that she had made an omelet and it smelled exactly like Paris to her. We then had a brief discussion about how amazing it is that certain smells, tastes or sounds can instantly transport you back to a certain place and time. When I hear certain songs I am transported back to certain ages, places, times or reminded of certain people.
-When I hear the Backstreet Boys, I instantly flashback to being 16 and driving around town, cuz we could.
-Indian food, Sarah McLachlan, and long walks remind me of London.
-The magical smell of roasted cinnamon almonds and stinky sewer remind me of the streets of New York.
-Potato Salad, Pulled Pork, Tony's, Gumbo, humidity, cheesy church music and rain take me back to my mission.
-Any music from a musical takes me back to when I saw the show or did the show and all the fantastic things that have happened during those moments.
-The Beach Boys, Steely Dan, Natalie Cole, The Sleepless in Seattle Soundtrack and Basia remind me of summer road trips with the family when I was a kid.
-The smell of oatmeal in the morning reminds me of my Mom, who ate oatmeal everyday when I was in Middle School and High School.
-Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber remind me of my nephew.
It really is pretty fantastic that tastes, smells, and sounds can instantly take you back to moments in your life, cool.
Very true and well stated.
ReplyDeleteBeach boys=playing ping pong at your old house listening to the juke box :)