I have found myself very stagnant in the gospel. Not really doing much to improve my testimony because it takes time and faith. My faith has been lacking and I have felt the difference that has made in my life. I made a commitment to myself to have more faith and put my trust in the Lord, but I didn't do anything about it and remained in the same place. After the Saturday morning session of conference I received a strong impression to move forward and keep the commitment I had made. I did it and I was excited and then the day took a turn. I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to do all the things that were required of me and how I was going to make things work, I cried most of the day. But because Heavenly Father loves us, even when we avoid him or ignore him, everything is going to be okay and work out great. I am awed and humbled that he is always there and he keeps his end of the bargain every time, even when we aren't as good at it.
I have learned a very valuable lesson and I am grateful for it and wowed by it. Those simple parts of the gospel like going to church, paying your tithing, reading your scriptures, having faith and keeping the commandments are so essential to having a testimony of the gospel and seeing it's truths unfold.
No comments:
Post a Comment