Saturday, October 31, 2009

To Be a Kid

Yesterday was a magical day at work. I work with kids who are in treatment for behavioral and social disorders. They are 'special' kids. They are super fun, but a little bit crazy...to say the least. But yesterday, they got to be 'normal' kids for a few hours and they were so excited, it melted my heart. We had a carnival with all sorts of games, my favorite is doughnut on a string (Hilarious to watch!). Then they got to go Trick-or-Treating at our offices and they LOVED it. It made me happy that for just a moment they got to be like the other kids and not be in treatment. Sometimes you just need to be a kid.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've started a blog! Now I can stalk you! Ha! The carnival sounds fun! And I totally agree the doughnut on a string is hilarious to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for starting a blog! I'm excited because I can finally know what's happening in the life of Sara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new background! :)

    ReplyDelete