Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Endeavors

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade...nuff said.
This week I had my first ever root canal!! When I was in the first grade I slipped on the ice and slid right into a metal door stop with my two front teeth and they have been slowly dying ever since, but I think that 19ish years is good. I was informed of the terrible badness of getting a root canal and I was scared beyond belief. I got to the dentist and the nice dental assistant asked if I was okay, my face is no good at hiding my feelings. She told me it really wasn't as bad as people say, but I didn't believe her, she had to say stuff like that. The dentist came and I clenched my fists, he shot me up with some sweet Novocaine which made my nose and my upper lip completely numb, AWESOME! And then it was over, just like that. I said "That was it? Really?" Needless to say I was super relieved and felt a little bit silly that at my age I made my Mom come with me to the dentist! It is not completely over, I have to go back next week to finish it up, but am I scared, NO WAY JOSE.
My day was also a day of new endeavors as I began my first day as a Masters Degree student, yes that is right folks, I am getting a Masters degree. I am sure some of you are thinking, "Is she insane?" The answer to that is, YES! But I am very excited. I am doing a masters in Secondary Education at the University of Phoenix. Now I can say cheesy things like the UofP commercials "I am a Phoenix". I can't wait to be able to teach, I have always wanted to teach and I am glad I am embarking on this new journey to accomplish this goal. I love adolescents and I can't wait to spend my time teaching them...some of you might find that a very scary thought, and maybe you should! Bring on the Masters degree!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're getting your Masters! That is awesome, I wish I was awesome like you ;) I'm currently working on my masters in motherhood, its great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the root canal wasn't too bad! Ha ha, I just read Lori's comment...and ditto! Good for you! I hope you enjoy school, really.

    ReplyDelete