Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pollyanna

I have been referred to as Pollyanna by those who know and love me for the majority of my life. I have this eternal optimistic outlook. I honestly believe that people are good, that things will work out and that everything is going to be great! Some would say this is a wonderful way to look at things...and it is...but sometimes things don't work out and things don't go as well as my little optimistic mind thought they would. I jump into things so excited and so ready for them to be fantastic...and sometimes they really are and sometimes they just aren't. Because I go into things so full of enthusiasm, when things don't go as well as I thought, it is a big let down. I trust that things and people are as good as they appear and that generally the right thing happens.
When I am let down, it sucks and I wonder why I was so excited about it to begin with. But that is part of who I am and I really don't know how to not hope for the best with things. I have had some let downs recently, you know, life things. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so trusting and so hopeful.
The other day, I was having a bad moment where I cursed my eternal optimism. I told my mom that I wished I wasn't so optimistic all the time and her response was very typical for my mom and the reason I keep her around, " But your optimism is one of the best and most wonderful things about you. It's one of the things I love most about you." She is great!
The point of this long story, if you took the time to read it you are too kind, is that being optimistic is great and wonderful, but it can be difficult and frustrating and I find myself being let down by things and people I hoped were different. But never fear, the optimism lives on and will probably never die, despite the efforts of things and people around me.

3 comments:

  1. I'm 'glad' you are a Pollyanna....I love you for it. And I need you in my life at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, exactly! That's why everyone LOVES you!! For real. Your mom is a smart one! Who doesn't like Pollyanna?!!

    Hey, you are getting closer and closer to being rid of those nasty kids! He he. Hope you feel like it's going better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's one of the things I love the most about you, too. Never stop being optimistic, Sara. It's so refreshing. The world needs more people like you!!!

    ReplyDelete