Friday, June 24, 2011

Do Unto Others



I work at night and let's be honest, aside from the 15 minute checks we do, there isn't much going on in the middle of the night. Because there is a lack of, well much of anything, many people seem to get wrapped up in other people's bidness. There are hilarious moments when people are angry that someone took a longer break than is allowed or called someone out on their absence over the radio...now all of this makes me laugh, but it also got me thinking (A dangerous past time I know).  

There is a particular person I work with who feels like it is her job to make sure everyone is doing what she thinks they should be doing and if they are not, she feels the need to rat on them.  This seems to come from her compulsive desire to control everyone around her. She is not nice to people and most people dislike her or tolerate her. This person tells people from the get go that she is bossy and controlling because she is OCD and somehow she feels like that gives her an excuse to behave the way she does and people should just accept her behavior because that is just the way she is. News Flash....just because you state your crappy habits and behaviors to people doesn't mean you are excused for treating others badly. If you are making these kinds of bold statements and then doing nothing to improve on your behavior...sorry my desire to accept your bad people/social skills is zilche. A friend I work with felt the need to respond in kind to this person the way she treats people and she was not happy, but if you are going to treat people like dirt and then expect them to bow to you and be kind, you have another thing coming...at least from me!

For those of you reading this, you may think this is a bit of an emotional response and maybe a bit passionate about something that doesn't seem like a big deal and really you are right. But this is something I see far too often and I don't think it is okay to be terrible to people and expect them to be kind to you, that is not how it works. Can't we all just get along? well I guess I could change my attitude and we would get along better....I'll consider it and try to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment