I have been working at a school/daycare for the past 6 months....there are many things that have been a bit insane there, but I LOVED my kids. There were days when I wanted to kick them, but mostly they have made me laugh and smile. 5 year olds love to hug and talk and talk. I love those things too, so we get along pretty well. I told them today that I won't be their teacher anymore and one of the girls broke down in tears and wouldn't leave my side for the rest of the day (my heart was melted). I will miss their smiles, their laughter, their incessant talking, hugging, and even their tantrums. Among other things, I learned that I can be far more crafty than I ever thought possible when I have to think of fun things for a group of children to do.
Reindeer made with feet as the head and hands as the antlers and salt dough ornaments (crafty-ish)
I am really excited about a new work opportunity. It is not a teaching a job, but it will be a great learning experience and something different. I sure will miss my kiddos.
I have changed jobs more in the last year than I ever have in my life...but I have learned some really amazing things. Most important is- I can do hard things.
No comments:
Post a Comment