Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. (The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost). http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/15717.

 At the end of this year, I find myself reflecting on the lessons I have learned and the experiences I have had. I find myself re-evaluating how I view the world and why I see the world the way I do. I have a Pollyanna approach to life, I see things in the positive and I believe people are good and I almost always believe things will turn out well. I ran into some roadblocks that really altered my Pollyannaness and I did not like it one bit, but I found myself questioning the goodness of people in general and I found myself looking at the world in a more negative light. I found that I am not good at being engrossed in negativity. I hate feeling overwhelmed by doubt, anger, and frustration. I didn't know people could be so selfish and so self serving. I realized this week that I am letting the negatives of the world get to me and I am letting the negative things others do affect who I am and how I see things and that is SILLY. I will not let the negatives of the world convert my optimism to pessimism. I will go forward with my optimism and I will continue to see people and situations as good. I choose the road less traveled. I choose to be be positive and purge the negative by overwhelming the negative with positive. I choose to be happy and filled with joy.

I owe this realization to the power of a loving Heavenly Father, the good word, the example of the Savior, and wonderful people in my life who remind me of the good and marvelous things in the world.



1 comment:

  1. You sound like you're in a good place, my friend. And this makes me very happy :)

    ReplyDelete