Friday, August 3, 2012

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk

Yesterday I wasn't feeling so great, so I didn't really eat anything.When it was time for my bedtime routine, I followed protocol-read book, feel sleepy, turn off light, go to sleep. But the sleeping part evaded me...my mind was racing and my tummy was telling me it was hungry. I did something I rarely ever do-I decided to turn my light back on and get out of bed and get something to eat so my tummy wasn't mad all night. I went to the kitchen and got me a bowl of cereal and used the last of my milk. I decide to eat this delicious midnight meal in my bed. Something terrible happened as I sat on my bed and crossed my legs, I spilled the entire bowl upside down ALL OVER MY BED! I was so sad, my milk was gone so there was not an option of having another bowl, my sheets were wet(when I moved I left all my extra sets of sheets in my closet at my parents house), and when I removed my sheets the milk had seeped through and my mattress was soaked. It was kind of an awkward moment and of course suddenly sleep wanted to be my best friend. Needless to say I concocted some sort of bottom sheet out of what I did have and feel asleep. But for reals, I really wanted to cry over that spilled milk, cuz it was a total bummer!

1 comment:

  1. Even though I would have been crying in this same incident, it does make for a great story about spilling milk!! So sorry. I guess this is why you shouldn't eat in your bed? Now you know and found out the hard way. I hate that.

    ReplyDelete